Small Product Pick and Place Vision System
3 Axis Pick and Place
DMC created an application that controls the process of identifying and transferring small parts in a high-tech medical product manufacturing operation. The application controls a machine employing three servo axes, a gripper, and a vision camera.
- Enables better process and production decisions with seamless integration of data into customer's inventory tracking system
- Reduces operator time requirements with simple, intuitive user interface
- Improves quality control and data tracking with integration into quality inspection system
- Full access to motion control and communication parameters allows for faster troubleshooting and maintenance
- Visual Studio 2005 & .NET Framework 2.0
- ACS SPiiPlus Motion Control
- Cognex In-Sight Camera
- Cognex In-Sight Explorer Software
- Cognex OPC Server
The application used to operate the transfer machine is an integral part of the customer's manufacturing, quality control, and inventory tracking process. A pallet of several small parts is presented to the machine. The machine reads each part's serial number using the vision camera. The pallet is sent to a quality inspection station and the inspection results are returned to the application, which logs each serial number and result to database. The machine transfers parts that pass inspection to a separate pallet for further downstream processing. Finally, each part's serial number is re-verified prior to shipment.