Are you a nerd for numbers? Do you look for excuses to use Excel? Is managing your personal budget a favorite activity? Then keep reading as this position might be for you!
DMC is looking for an extremely self-motivated person to join our accounting team in a full-time ENTRY LEVEL position in our Chicago office. This is a wonderful opportunity for the right candidate to gain valuable accounting experience and contribute to a growing company.
DMC is an engineering and IT consulting company with a focus on industrial automation. DMC's Chicago office is centrally located near the Lincoln Park, Bucktown, Wicker Park, and Logan Square neighborhoods. It's our goal to maintain an active company culture at DMC, which includes weekly company-sponsored athletic, cultural, and social events. Our office is also equipped with a ping pong table, full gym, and a roof deck. Full-time employees will enjoy a great benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage as well as 401k matching, generous paid vacation time, and a well-stocked office kitchen full of snacks. Currently, we are about 120 people strong, growing fast, and voted Crain's #2 Best Place to Work in Chicago for 2018!
- Bachelor's degree
- GPA: 3.4
- At least 6 months of QuickBooks experience is a plus!
Skills we're looking for:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to efficiently multi-task
- Strong computer skills - Excel especially
- Ability to prioritize
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills
- Ability to follow specific direction and work independently in a fast-paced atmosphere
- Review employee timesheets
- Review and approve expense reports
- Create project timesheets for approval
- Create time and expenses invoices
- Enter approved bills
- Follow up on past due invoices
- Process purchase orders
Attributes of the person we're looking for:
- Desire to get as much done in a day as possible
- Proactive self-starter
- Friendly, upbeat attitude
- Highly responsive
- Eager to go above and beyond without being asked
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively within a team environment to support the collective workload
- Customer service-oriented outlook
If you're still interested, please send your resume along with the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Accounting Assistant":
- Expected compensation
- A short description of what you're most proud of
- A summary of what your last 2-3 bosses would say about you - both strengths & areas for improvement