Entry-Level Accounting Assistant
DMC is looking for an extremely self-motivated person to assist with AP, AR, employee time review and expense processing, depositing checks and other general administrative duties as needed. The majority of time will be spent creating invoices which involves communicating with project managers about timesheet descriptions and rates, ensuring we are always within the PO, tracking POs, etc. This is an ENTRY LEVEL position.
DMC, Inc. is an engineering consulting firm so the projects we work on are always changing. Examples of past projects include supporting the development of humanoid robotic astronauts that were deployed on the international space station as well as the development of battery technologies for electric vehicles like the Chevy Volt.
It's our goal to maintain an active company culture at DMC, which includes weekly company-sponsored athletic, cultural, and social events. DMC's Chicago office is centrally located near the Lincoln Park, Bucktown, Wicker Park, and Logan Square neighborhoods. It is also equipped with a ping pong table, full gym and a roof deck. Full-time employees will enjoy a great benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage as well as 401K matching, paid vacation time, and a well-stocked office kitchen full of snacks. Currently, we are about 120 people strong and growing fast!
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 6 months of QuickBooks experience is a plus!
Attributes of the person we're looking for:
- Desire to get as much done in a day as possible
- Ability to efficiently multi-task
- PROACTIVE self-starter
- Friendly, upbeat attitude
- Highly responsive
- Ability to go above and beyond without being asked
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively within a team environment to support the collective workload
- Customer service oriented outlook
- This position will involve all aspects of accounting including AP and AR with a focus on invoicing.
- As a member of DMC's administrative team, our Accounting Assistant will be involved in some general office tasks such as answering phones and office organization.
Skills we're looking for:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Strong computer skills - MS Office especially
- Ability to prioritize
- Solid writing skills
- Ability to follow specific direction and also to work independently in a fast-paced atmosphere
If you're interested, please send your resume along with the following in a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Expected compensation
- A short description of what you're most proud of
- A summary of what your last 2-3 bosses would say about you - both strengths & areas for improvement