Experienced IT Systems Administrator
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for this position.
DMC has a challenging opportunity for an experienced IT systems administrator. In this role, you will be constantly learning and applying new methods to manage & secure DMC’s infrastructure and improve the productivity of a technology company with approximately 200 tech-savvy users.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced IT professional looking to broaden their experience working with new technologies in both cloud & on-premises infrastructure, including networks/Wi-Fi, virtualization, and cybersecurity. You may also have the opportunity to assist with configuring and supporting the cloud infrastructure for DMC clients.
DMC is an established project-based engineering and software consulting firm founded in 1996 with offices in Chicago, Boston, Denver, Houston, New York, Seattle, St. Louis, and Dallas.
At DMC, we maintain an active company culture, which includes weekly company-sponsored athletic, cultural, and social events. Full-time employees will enjoy a great benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage as well as 401K matching, generous paid vacation time, and a well-stocked kitchen full of snacks. Additionally, we were recently named the #2 Best Place to Work in Chicago by Crain’s!
- A Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Networking, or related field
- Four or more years of experience as an IT Engineer, Network Engineer, or Systems Admin
- Flexibility to travel on occasion
- Configure and maintain the security and stability of networks, including DNS, firewalls, routers, switches, SSO, MFA, and VPN services
- Manage servers, including patching/upgrading the OS, databases, and installed applications
- Ensure the security and integrity of data storage and backup systems
- Assist DMC engineers & consultants on client projects that involve setup and configuration of IT infrastructure & networking (cloud and on-premises)
- Assist with technical support for DMC employees and clients
The ideal candidate will possess the following professional attributes:
- Well organized and detail oriented, with the ability to multi-task
- Dependable and consistent, taking pride and ownership in work
- Proven problem-solving skills including strong follow through skills
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Self-starter who works well independently and in a team setting
- Ability to adapt swiftly to change coupled with a strong desire to learn new skills
While candidates are not expected to have deep experience in all of these technologies, the ideal candidate will have at least a working knowledge in most of these technologies.
- Networking Equipment (firewalls, routers, switches, wireless access points, data storage management)
- Server, Network, and Security Management (e.g. Windows, Linux, AD, DHCP, Cisco Duo/Microsoft Authenticator, Group Policy, Patch Management, Network Monitoring Tools)
- Azure, Azure AD
- Virtualization (VMWare and Hyper-V)
- Cloud Applications (Microsoft 365, EM+S / Intune, GitLab, Zoom/Zoom Phone)
- On-premises Applications (SharePoint, CRM, QuickBooks, SQL Server, SVN)
- Databases (Install/Configuration, Backup/Restore, Queries, Views, Stored Procedures)
- Cybersecurity and Compliance Frameworks (e.g. NIST)
- PowerShell Scripting
Full-time employees enjoy a great benefits package including:
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage,
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account(s)
- Paid vacation and Sick time
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401k matching
Please visit our website at www.dmcinfo.com or read some of our blogs to find out a little more about what you might be getting yourself into!