IT Network and Security Consultant
DMC has a challenging opportunity for an experienced IT network engineer. In this role, you will join our new Industrial Network & Cybersecurity consulting team. This team leads client engagements that perform network security assessments, implement networks & firewalls, and apply security best practices. You will also assist with the management of our IT infrastructure for a technology organization with 135+ tech-savvy users. This is a great opportunity for a network engineer looking to broaden their experience working with new technologies in the areas of infrastructure, network, and cybersecurity.
DMC is an established project-based engineering and software consulting firm founded in 1996 with offices in Chicago, Boston, Denver, Houston, New York, and St. Louis. As a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, we implement custom solutions, as well as Microsoft cloud platforms such as Office 365 and Azure to achieve key business goals for our clients.
At DMC, we maintain an active company culture, which includes weekly company-sponsored athletic, cultural, and social events. Full-time employees will enjoy a great benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage as well as 401K matching, generous paid vacation time, and a well-stocked kitchen full of snacks. Additionally, we were recently named one of the top 5 Best Places to Work in Chicago by Crain’s!
- A Bachelor's Degree in Networking or Computer Science or related field
- Two or more years of IT experience, including some responsibility for managing network infrastructure
- Flexibility to travel on a part-time basis
- Lead network security assessments for industrial clients
- Perform server software installations and support the server infrastructure for client projects
- Assist on client projects involving migrations to Azure and/or Office 365
- Maintain the security and stability of internal and external networks, including DNS, firewalls, routers, switches and VPN services
- Ensure the security and integrity of data storage and backup systems
- Provide technical support for clients and DMC employees
The ideal candidate will possess the following professional attributes:
- Well organized and detail oriented, with the ability to multi-task
- Dependable and consistent, taking pride and ownership in work
- Proven problem solving skills including strong follow through skills
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Self-starter who works well independently and in a team setting
- Ability to adapt swiftly to change coupled with a strong desire to learn new skills
While candidates are not expected to have deep experience in all of these technologies, the ideal candidate will have at least a working knowledge in most of these technologies.
- Microsoft Office 365, EM+S / Intune
- Azure, Azure AD
- Virtualization (VMWare and Hyper-V)
- Server and Security Management (e.g. AD, DHCP, Group Policy, Patch Management)
- Networking Equipment (firewalls, routers, switches, wireless access points, data storage management)
- VoIP Phone System (Configuration, Management)
- Databases (Install/Configuration, Backup/Restore, Queries, Views, Stored Procedures)
- PowerShell Scripting
If interested, please send your resume, GPA and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "IT Network and Security Consultant".