Entry Level IT Systems Administrator
DMC has a challenging opportunity for an entry level IT professional to join our Cloud Solutions team. In this role, you will assist clients in implementing Cloud based systems including Microsoft Office 365 and Azure. You will work directly with clients to configure Cloud infrastructure, migrate content and integrate with on premises systems. This is a great opportunity for a new graduate looking to learn and build experience working with Cloud and networking technologies. In addition, you will assist with support of the IT infrastructure for our organization with approximately 70+ tech-savvy users.
DMC is an established project-based engineering and software consulting firm founded in 1996 with offices in Chicago, Illinois; Boston, Massachusetts; Denver, Colorado; Houston, Texas; and New York, New York. As a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, we implement custom solutions, as well as packaged solutions like Microsoft SharePoint, Office 365, CRM, and .NET applications to achieve key business goals for our clients.
At DMC, we maintain an active company culture, which includes weekly company-sponsored athletic, cultural, and social events. Full-time employees will enjoy a great benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage as well as 401K matching, generous paid vacation time, and a well-stocked kitchen full of snacks. Additionally, we were recently named one of the top 5 Best Places to Work in Chicago by Crain’s!
- A Bachelor's Degree in Network Systems Administration or Network and Communications Management or related
- Lead client projects involving email and content migrations to Office 365 (SharePoint, Exchange, OneDrive, CRM, Lync)
- Provision and configure Azure Cloud tenants
- Install and configure new servers and workstations
- Assist with maintaining on premises infrastructure including maintenance of security and stability of internal and external networks, including DNS, firewalls, routers, switches and VPN services
- Provide technical support for clients and employees including laptops, desktops, and printers
Are we looking for someone who is unorganized, unable to multi-task or solve problems, unreliable, inconsistent, and unwilling to learn new technologies? No! We are looking for someone who has a great attitude and is capable of communicating technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences in a fast paced atmosphere!
Technologies you will learn and work with:
- Microsoft Office 365 (Exchange Online, Lync Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive)
- Microsoft Servers (Windows Server 2008 and 2012, Microsoft SQL Server 2008, 2012, and 2014, Microsoft SharePoint 2007, 2010, and 2013, Microsoft CRM 2011 and 2013)
- Databases (Install/Configuration, Backup/Restore, Queries, Views, Stored Procedures)
- Windows / SharePoint PowerShell Scripting
- VMWare Virtualization