Panel Shop Supervisor
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for this position.
Please note, DMC requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination for this position.
DMC specializes in control engineering and is starting a new panel shop. We are located in the near-north side of Chicago near the Clybourn Metra station. We are hiring panel shop employees at all levels.
The Panel Shop Supervisor will work with DMC project teams and panel shop employees to assemble UL508A control panels, server cabinets, and test stands. Work will include working with machine tools, mechanical assembly, fabrication, layout, labeling, panel wiring, and equipment wiring. Supervision responsibilities included scheduling and quality control activities.
DMC's #1 core value is "Hire Smart People," and we believe that great companies are built from great people. Our goal is to bring the best people to DMC and figure out how to best allow them to reach their potential.
- Develop, certify, and lead a UL508a industrial control panel fabrication shop for industrial control panel assemblies.
- Develop and lead the inspection and quality assurance processes of industrial control panel fabrication to ensure UL508a criteria is met
- Supervise and train panel shop employees in both mechanical and electrical disciplines.
- Manage multiple build projects running in parallel.
- Pursue opportunities to improve efficiencies through design changes, specialized assembly tools, software, automation, or alternative materials.
- Layout, assemble, and wire electrical panels.
- Read, understand, and verify electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Test and troubleshoot completed control panels and instrumentation.
- Adhere to company and regulatory safety policies.
- Demonstrate the ability to work individually and within a multidisciplinary team, communicating and collaborating with technicians and engineers.
- Collaborate with electrical engineers and designers by providing final design reviews to ensure constructability of designs.
- Maintain and communicate schedule.
- Maintain shop organization and cleanliness.
- Maintain shop inventory and work with internal purchasing and vendors.
- Work with PC tools including Microsoft Office communicate to project managers and engineers.
- 2-year technical degree or equivalent experience is desired.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with panel building, layout and design.
- Experience with panel fabrication and build, component layout, electrical enclosures, electrical assemblies, controls and wiring.
- Ability to wire and build industrial control panels based on schematics.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers and others.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Able to work on their feet for long periods of time and able to lift at least fifty pounds.
- Hold or have the ability to obtain UL / ETL certification.
What we offer:
- Paid Time Off
- 15 days paid vacation to start
- Paid holiday and sick time
- Parental leave options
- Financial Benefits
- 401(k) with company match
- Access to financial advisors
- Profit sharing program
- Health & Wellness
- 75% employee & 50% dependent medical plan premium coverage
- 75% employee & 50% dependent dental and vision insurance coverage
- 100% employee life and disability insurance
- Medical, Dependent Care and Commuter FSA
- Inclusive Culture & Fun
- Company-sponsored athletic, cultural, and social events
- Unique company traditions including: welcome parties for all new employees, FedEx Day, All Day Company Meetings, and Yearly Office Events
- Employee Resource Groups
- Weekly catered meals and stocked kitchens
- Open office workspace and with fun amenities such as ping pong, pool, & shuffle board
- Regular employee engagement surveys
- Employee Development
- Mentorship program
- Career and leadership development programs
- Ongoing technical and soft skills training