User Interface/Graphic Designer and Developer
Do you like a challenge? At DMC, we work on problems that few people can solve. We are an engineering consulting firm that offers high-caliber engineering and software development services for manufacturing, testing, and product development organizations throughout the world.
DMC is looking for a UI/UX designer with programming skills to join our marketing team. We’re seeking a smart, creative individual to design UI aesthetics and intuitive layouts for our clients’ systems. Projects can range from designing interfaces for line operators in large-scale factories to working with a startup developing web, desktop, and mobile apps that pair with their device. This individual will also work closely with our Marketing team to design and program our internal website, company branding, and marketing collateral. An important skill will be the ability to work with loosely defined criteria and walk clients through a process to help determine design direction.
DMC isn’t a huge company where you’ll be working your way up for years and years. You’ll hit the ground running with your first project the week you arrive. You’ll quickly be given important project responsibilities and be asked to interact directly with various high-profile clients to solve real-world problems in a collaborative environment.
It’s our goal to maintain an active company culture at DMC, which includes weekly company-sponsored athletic, cultural, and social events. DMC’s Chicago office is centrally located near the Lincoln Park, Bucktown, Wicker Park, and Logan Square neighborhoods. It is also equipped with a ping pong table, full gym and a roof deck. Full-time employees will enjoy a great benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage as well as 401(k) matching and profit sharing, paid vacation/holidays, and a well-stocked kitchen full of snacks.
- Design client user interfaces focusing on ease of use and aesthetics
- Work collaboratively with clients and colleagues through the iterative design process:
- Requirement Gathering and Brainstorming
- Wireframing and Mockups
- Feedback and rework
- Collaborate on design and content updates for company website
- Program and implement module and other functionality updates for company website
- Design General DMC Marketing Collateral
- Create Graphics, Demos, Mock-Ups, and Presentations for Potential Client Sales Opportunities
- Graphic Design
- Web Design
- Web Programming and Development
- User Interface Design
- 3+ years of experience
- Intuitive User Interface Design
- Ability to take a concept and create a front-end
- Hand Sketching/Drawing
Nice to Have Skills:
- React, other web languages
- Microsoft Web Development Stack: ASP.NET, C#, SQL Server
- 3D Modeling
If you are interested in applying, please provide the following in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “User Interface Application” in the subject line.:
- Cover letter
- Please share some background on your depth of expertise and level of interest in coding