UX/UI Design Intern (Paid)
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for this position.
UX/UI Design Intern
Do you like a challenge? At DMC, we work on problems that few people can solve. We are an engineering consulting firm that offers high-caliber engineering and software development services for manufacturing, testing, and product development organizations throughout the world.
DMC is looking for an enthusiastic UX/UI designer with a solid understanding of design principles and a passion for providing streamlined and intuitive experiences to join our marketing team. We're seeking a smart, creative individual to craft user experiences for our clients' systems and our internal marketing initiatives. Client projects can range from designing interfaces for line operators in large-scale factories to working with a startup developing web, desktop, and mobile apps that pair with their device. This individual will also work closely with our marketing team to design updates to our internal website, company branding, and marketing collateral. An important skill will be the ability to work with loosely defined criteria and walk clients through a process to help determine design direction.
It's our goal to maintain an active company culture at DMC, which includes weekly company-sponsored athletic, cultural, and social events. DMC's Chicago office is centrally located near the Lincoln Park, Bucktown, Wicker Park, and Logan Square neighborhoods. It is also equipped with a ping pong table, full gym, and a roof deck.
Please visit our website at www.dmcinfo.com and check out some of our blogs to find out a little more about what you might be getting yourself into!
Please note, DMC requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination for this position.
- Design client user interfaces focusing on ease of use and aesthetics
- Work collaboratively with clients and colleagues through the iterative design process
- Sketching, ideation, and brainstorming
- Perform research, requirement gathering
- Design wireframes, user flows, prototypes, polished UI designs
- Illustrate graphics and iconography
- Finalize graphics for development and implementation
- Collaborate on design and content updates for company website
- Design DMC marketing collateral
- Create interface design mockups, graphics, and presentations for sales opportunities
- Ability to work a minimum of 15 – 20 hours per week
- Strong interest in user interface design
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in a design-related field - Graphic Design, UX, HCI
- GPA: 3.4 minimum
- Online portfolio demonstrating a solid understanding user experience design and graphic design principles
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator, Photoshop, XD, etc.
- Excellent attention to detail
If you are interested in applying, please provide the following:
- Cover letter
- Link to your portfolio
- A short description of a project that you're most proud of
- Indicate your proposed schedule and how many hours you're available to work during the work week