While DCS, SCADA, and PLC systems are limited to collecting data from within their own system, implementing an MES Historian affords the ability to pull data from complex systems across multiple variables to paint a complete picture of the manufacturing environment.
The actionable data collected by a Historian can also be used in conjunction with OEE performance metrics, visualization dashboards, and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems to inform business decisions and facilitate effective process and operations management.
At DMC, we can pull together information from a wide variety of sources and provide guidance on how to collect data from a wide variety of systems.
On the plant floor, we can aggregate data from existing networked equipment, upgrade existing systems to connect to plant networks, install sensors to collect data from legacy non-networkable equipment, and work with equipment vendors to access data in proprietary systems.
We can also connect to business systems using a range of techniques for legacy and modern deployments. DMC can support both on premise and cloud based data storage and retrieval, and can incorporate IIOT technology where applicable.
The benefits and applications of Data Aggregation and Data Historians include:
- A centralized hub to share data among many systems without creating duplicate copies of critical data
- Comprehensive data collection from both manufacturing and business systems
- The ability to predict breakdowns and schedule preventative maintenance to avoid expensive emergency repairs
- Faster troubleshooting to maintain high productivity
- Efficient inventory management to balance supply and demand
- Longitudinal data tracking and analysis to pinpoint setbacks and inform strategic improvement planning
- Streamlined process control and operation
- Traceability and documentation, particularly useful in regulated industries
- A single archive to support data analytics
- A single connection point to integrate new systems into the enterprise
- Establishing a Unified Namespace for Data Access
DMC's experts have experience working with a wide variety of technologies and platforms. Our engineers can work closely within your existing reporting structure or create a comprehensive system tailored to your factory setup and project needs to manage your business from the ground up.