Automation Engineer - Control Systems
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for this position.
DMC has openings in several automation engineering positions, based on experience level.
- New York City
- St. Louis
Do you like a challenge? Do you enjoy programming and working with electrical/mechanical systems? That's great because we're looking for engineers who want to solve tough problems by creating software that interfaces with and controls hardware!
DMC Automation Engineers possess a broad understanding of engineering fundamentals and a desire to program. Working both independently and in teams, Automation Engineers will assist with project management and maintain communications with team members and clients. DMC works on a wide range of projects in a variety of industries from automotive to healthcare to food and beverage. Our engineers are constantly learning new technologies in order to continually provide cutting edge solutions.
Please note, DMC requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination for this position.
Engineer Level I
- Program applications to meet & exceed customer requirements
- Develop robust applications in accordance with DMC programming standards & best practices
- Project planning/system architecture design assistance
- Program implementation
- System testing
- Communicate with team members and clients
- Respond to customer needs
- Travel to customer sites when needed
- Commissioning of solutions at customer sites, including troubleshooting electrical and mechanical systems
Engineer Level II (In addition to above responsibilities)
- Perform programming and engineering tasks in supportive and leading roles at all stages of projects
- System design and design assistance
- Help train new employees
- Convey knowledge in presentations, SOPs, knowledgebase articles, client case studies, and white papers
- Develop & maintain relationships with key contacts, vendors, and clients
- Assist in writing project proposals
- Seek, identify, and discuss new opportunities with new & existing clients
Engineer Level I (0-3 years relevant experience)
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Electrical, or Computer Engineering, or related field
- Demonstrated interest and ability to program, including text-based languages and object-oriented concepts
Engineer Level II (2-5+ years relevant experience)
- In addition to the above requirements, experience with multiple technologies, such as PLCs, Servo Control, LabVIEW, Machine Vision, etc.
- Project-based development experience
Engineer Level I
- Quickly learn new technologies
- Possess complete grasp of scientific method of problem solving
- Ability to follow patterns & build upon established models
- Understand complex system designs
- Ability to estimate time to complete familiar tasks
Engineer Level II (In addition to above skills)
- Ability to create methodology to solve novel problems
- Ability to design systems based upon previously used designs
- Estimate your own and others' time for completion of familiar tasks
- Write project proposals
- Customer Service
- Technical Writing
- General Admin
Full-time employees enjoy a great benefits package including:
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage,
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account(s)
- Paid vacation and Sick time,
- Paid Parental Leave, and
- 401k matching
Please note compensation is based on credentials and location:
- Engineer Level I (0-3 years relevant experience): $76,000 - $82,500
- Engineer Level II (2-5+ years relevant experience): $80,000 - $100,000
DMC typically evaluates compensation and grants raises on an annual basis (raise amounts are dependent on company and individual performance).
DMC believes in rewarding employees for additional effort beyond what is expected. One of the ways we recognize employees is through Extra Effort bonuses, intended to reward employees for periods of working extremely long hours, working more than the occasional weekend, or other acts of extra effort.
Additionally, DMC offers Site and Travel Compensation, which is intended to compensate employees for time spent working out of DMC's offices due to the travel requirements of the position.
Please visit our website at www.dmcinfo.com or read some of our blogs to find out a little more about what you might be getting yourself into!