Entry Level IT Systems Consultant
DMC has a challenging role for an entry level IT professional to join our IT team. This is a great opportunity for someone new to IT or a recent college graduate looking to learn and build experience working with Cloud and networking technologies. In this role you will also assist with support of the IT infrastructure for our project-based technology company with approximately 275+ tech-savvy users.
DMC is an established project-based engineering and software consulting firm founded in 1996 with offices in Austin, Chicago, Boston, Cincinnati, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Kalamazoo, Nashville, New York, San Diego, Seattle, St. Louis, and Washington, DC.
At DMC, we maintain an active company culture, which includes weekly company-sponsored athletic, cultural, and social events. Full-time employees will enjoy a great benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage as well as 401K matching, generous paid vacation time, and a well-stocked kitchen full of snacks. Additionally, we were recently named the #2 Best Mid-size Place to Work in Chicago by Crain’s!
- A Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Networking, or related field
- Install and configure new workstations
- Provide technical support for employees and some clients
- Implement and maintain security protocols related to workstations, mobile devices, server, cloud infrastructure, and modern audio/video communication platforms
- Provision, configure, and maintain Azure Cloud tenants and virtual servers
- Assist with maintaining on premises infrastructure including DNS, firewalls, VOIP, routers, switches and VPN services
- Train users on existing and new technologies
- After gaining experience, you will have the opportunity to lead client projects involving migrations to Office 365 and Azure (Azure AD, Azure & Office 365 Security Center, EMS, SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams)
The ideal candidate will possess the following professional attributes:
- Well organized and detail oriented, with the ability to multi-task
- Dependable and consistent, taking pride and ownership in work
- Proven problem-solving skills including strong follow through skills
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Self-starter who works well independently and in a team setting
- Ability to adapt swiftly to change coupled with a strong desire to learn new skills
Technologies you will learn and work with:
While candidates are not expected to have experience in all of these technologies, the ideal candidate should ?be excited to gain experience working with these technologies.
- Microsoft Office 365
- Enterprise Mobile Security / Intune
- Azure, Azure AD
- Windows 10/11 Operating System and Desktop Imaging
- Modern audio/video communication platforms (e.g. Teams, Zoom, Slack)
- Microsoft Servers (e.g. Windows, SQL Server, SharePoint, Dynamics 365)
- Microsoft Licensing
- Databases (Install/Configuration, Backup/Restore, Queries, Views, Stored Procedures)
- PowerShell Scripting
- VMWare and Hyper-V Virtualization
Full-time employees enjoy a great benefits package including:
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account(s)
- Paid Vacation and Sick time
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401k matching
Please note compensation is based on experience:
- $70,000-$90,000 (full-time salary)
DMC typically evaluates compensation and grants raises on an annual basis (raise amounts are dependent on company and individual performance).
DMC believes in rewarding employees for additional effort beyond what is expected. One of the ways we recognize employees is through Extra Effort bonuses.
Please visit our website at www.dmcinfo.com or read some of our blogs to find out a little more about what you might be getting yourself into!