Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for this position.
Please note, DMC requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination for this position.
DMC is a project-based engineering consulting firm in Chicago focused on software development and control systems. We develop and implement solutions for a wide range of industries using a variety of technologies and platforms.
We are seeking an energetic, self-motivated student to work part-time in our Chicago office to assist our IT team. This is a great opportunity for someone new to IT or a current college student looking to learn and build experience working in the IT field. In this role you will assist with support of the IT infrastructure for our project-based technology company with approximately 230 tech-savvy users. Set work hours will be established, but we are flexible with scheduling.
DMC's #1 core value is "Hire Smart People," and we believe that great companies are built from great people. Our goal is to bring the best people to DMC and figure out how to best allow them to reach their potential.
What we are looking for:
- Currently pursuing a degree in Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Networking, or related field with a minimum 3.4 GPA
- Well organized and detail oriented, with the ability to multi-task
- Dependable and consistent, taking pride and ownership in work
- Proven problem-solving skills including strong follow through skills
- Self-starter who works well independently and in a team setting
What you'll do:
- Configure new PCs:
- Use automated scripting to configure PCs with applications and apply custom settings
- Configure Bitlocker Drive Encryption on new PCs
- Test PCs for correct configuration settings
- Set up new employee workstations including setting up docking systems and monitors
- Mobile device management using Microsoft InTune
- Coordinating electronics recycling
- Shipping laptops and IT equipment as-needed
What we offer:
- Paid holiday and sick time
- Flexible work location (hybrid environment)
- Flexible work schedule
- Company sponsored athletic, cultural, and social events
- Unique company traditions including: FedEx Day, All Day Company Meeting, and Yearly Office Events
- Employee Resource Groups
- Weekly catered meals and stocked kitchens
- Open office workspace with fun amenities such as ping pong, pool, & shuffle board
If you're interested, please apply and include a writing sample and the following in a cover letter:
- Your expected compensation
- A summary of what your last 2-3 supervisors or professors would say about you - both strengths and areas for improvement
Please visit our website at www.dmcinfo.com, or read some of our blogs to find out a little more about what you might be getting yourself into!