Senior Control Panel Builder
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for this position.
Please note, DMC requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination for this position.
DMC specializes in control engineering and is starting a new panel shop. We are located in the near-north side of Chicago near the Clybourn Metra station. We are hiring panel shop employees at all levels.
The Senior Control Panel Builder will work with DMC project teams and panel shop employees to assemble UL508A control panels, server cabinets, and test stands. Work will include working with machine tools, mechanical assembly, fabrication, layout, labeling, panel wiring, and equipment wiring.
DMC's #1 core value is "Hire Smart People," and we believe that great companies are built from great people. Our goal is to bring the best people to DMC and figure out how to best allow them to reach their potential.
- Use drawings to build electrical equipment.
- Perform electrical cabinet construction including mounting and wiring components
- Use hand tools, wire cutters, strippers and other equipment as needed.
- Record changes on engineering documentation.
- Working under the supervision of the engineers, set-up and perform tests on equipment.
- Adhere to all company and regulatory safety policies.
- 5+ years of experience with panel building.
- Ability to wire and build industrial control panels based on schematics.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers and others.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Able to work on their feet for long periods of time and able to lift up to fifty pounds.
What we offer:
- Paid Time Off
- 15 days paid vacation to start
- Paid holiday and sick time
- Parental leave options
- Financial Benefits
- 401(k) with company match
- Access to financial advisors
- Profit sharing program
- Health & Wellness
- 75% employee & 50% dependent medical plan premium coverage
- 75% employee & 50% dependent dental and vision insurance coverage
- 100% employee life and disability insurance
- Medical, Dependent Care and Commuter FSA
- Inclusive Culture & Fun
- Company-sponsored athletic, cultural, and social events
- Unique company traditions including: welcome parties for all new employees, FedEx Day, All Day Company Meetings, and Yearly Office Events
- Employee Resource Groups
- Weekly catered meals and stocked kitchens
- Open office workspace and with fun amenities such as ping pong, pool, & shuffle board
- Regular employee engagement surveys
- Employee Development
- Mentorship program
- Career and leadership development programs
- Ongoing technical and soft skills training