Senior Control Panel Builder
DMC specializes in control engineering and is starting a new panel shop. We are located in the near-north side of Chicago near the Clybourn Metra station. We are hiring panel shop employees at all levels.
The Senior Control Panel Builder will work with DMC project teams and panel shop employees to assemble UL508A control panels, server cabinets, and test stands. Work will include working with machine tools, mechanical assembly, fabrication, layout, labeling, panel wiring, and equipment wiring.
DMC's #1 core value is "Hire Smart People," and we believe that great companies are built from great people. Our goal is to bring the best people to DMC and figure out how to best allow them to reach their potential.
- Use drawings to build electrical equipment.
- Perform electrical cabinet construction including mounting and wiring components
- Use hand tools, wire cutters, strippers and other equipment as needed.
- Record changes on engineering documentation.
- Working under the supervision of the engineers, set-up and perform tests on equipment.
- Adhere to all company and regulatory safety policies.
- 5+ years of experience with panel building.
- Ability to wire and build industrial control panels based on schematics.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers and others.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Able to work on their feet for long periods of time and able to lift up to fifty pounds.
Full-time employees enjoy a great benefits package including:
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account(s)
- Paid Vacation and Sick time
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401k matching