The client started with a loose set of requirements for their hand-held medical device. DMC helped the client determine the potential scope of the system and determine testing and optimization needs. The end result is a pre-production test system that was modular, configurable, and flexible enough to handle testing and optimization of new features and modes that were unforseen during initial development.
Follwoing is a summary of the solution's architecture and features:
- LabVIEW-based control and data acquisition software application
- Critically timed data collection from a variety of asynchronous sources
- Modular structure; Engineers and Technicians can replace physical components without code changes
- Custom UART communication protocol developed
- Custom driver software for controlling and communicating to external monitoring devices
- Custom LabVIEW and TDMS system developed to collect and tag large amounts of data. Hundreds of tests were run per day to scope and verify critical parameters.
- Using DIAdem and National Instrument Datafinder to intelligently sort and analyze test data, allowing effective development team response and decision-making.