DMC implemented a LabVIEW-based PC solution with flexible control options for motors, pumps, and other potential control devices as well as flexible options for data acquistion, including DAQmx, RS-232, and Ethernet.
The client started with a loose set of requirements for their hand-held medical device. The end result is an integrated test system that was modular, configurable, and flexible enough to handle testing of potential hardware components and evaluation of critical functional parameters.
The following is a summary of the solution's architecture and features:
- LabVIEW-based control and data acquisition software application
- Modular structure; Engineers and Technicians can replace physical components without code changes
- Low level control of actuators and controls
- Custom LabVIEW and TDMS system developed to collect and tag large amounts of data.
- Using DIAdem and National Instrument Datafinder to intelligently sort and analyze test data, allowing effective development team response and decision-making.