DMC worked closely with the customer to determine the upgrade requirements required for their test system. To replace the MTS function generator, DMC used an NI Multifunction DAQ card in order to send an analog signal to an MTS controller. The test is now fully automated, and the client can load and apply settings directly to the MTS 407 controller as well. Further, tests can be initiated by the operator from the LabVIEW software. For each particular test, a profile of the load that is to be applied is used to set the analog signal from the NI Multi-Funciton DAQ card for the duration of a test. Once the test is complete, the user can view and print the results in order to verify that the part is within the specified tolerances.
DMC implemented the following:
- Recipe system for managing test configurations
- Main user interface for displaying the current job/recipe/part that the system is running
- Part Selection screen to display list of available part recipes
- Part/Recipe editing screen
- Fault screen for ease of debugging and providing information to the user
DMC provided engineering resources to develop and test the new Material Properties test system and verified the system performance on different part tests.