Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for this position.
DMC is looking for an extremely self-motivated person to join our team in a full-time entry-level position in our Chicago office. This is a wonderful opportunity for the right candidate to gain valuable experience and contribute to a growing company. If you're someone who prides themselves in learning quickly and consistently delivering quality work, read on because we're excited to meet you.
DMC is an engineering and consulting company with a focus on industrial automation and software solutions. Our headquarters is in Chicago, centrally located near the Lincoln Park, Wicker Park, and Logan Square neighborhoods. We also have regional offices in Boston, Dallas, Denver, Houston, New York City, Seattle, and St. Louis.
Our #1 core value is "Hire Smart People." At DMC we work hard to make sure business is running at high efficiency. The Administrative Assistant is an integral role to make sure the office space is fully functional, that our sales calls reach the right people, and that our documentation meets high standards. If you're looking for a simple data entry job, this isn't the role for you. We are a team of driven multi-taskers who show up to work ready to jump in where ever necessary to get the job done.
Another one of our core values is "Have Fun." Not to brag too much, but DMC is a pretty fun place to work. For the last 6 years, we've made it onto Crain's list of "Best Places to Work in Chicago." In 2018, we were voted #2 in the city! DMC maintains an active company culture, which includes weekly company-sponsored athletic, cultural, and social events. Our office is also equipped with a ping pong table, a full gym, and a roof deck.
The Administrative Assistant role will be an in-person role in the office to handle things like mail, packages, and any building maintenance. Safety is on everyone's mind and DMC has safety policies in place to keep everyone healthy and safe.
Currently, we are about 170 people strong and growing fast! If you're looking for a role that will keep you busy and teach you more than you thought you could learn, check that you fit the qualifications below and apply!
Please note, DMC requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination for this position.
- Bachelor's degree
- Must have a car
- GPA minimum of 3.4
- Experience in an administrative role is a plus
Attributes of the person we're looking for include:
- Desire to get as much done in a day as possible
- Ability to efficiently multi-task
- PROACTIVE self-starter
- Friendly, upbeat attitude
- Highly responsive
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to go above and beyond without being asked to
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively within a team environment to support the collective workload
- Customer service oriented outlook
- Curiosity to independently learn about DMC's processes, services, and technical offerings
- Comfortable with ambiguity and can make resourceful decisions without having the total picture
- Ability to lift 40 lbs on occasion
The best way of describing the duties of the position would be "whatever it takes." However, that is rather vague, so here is a list of some of the many typical duties:
- Keeping the office in order – making sure printers have paper, stocking the kitchens with snacks and drinks, watering plants, scheduling and managing office repairs, etc.
- Managing inventories - office supplies, snacks and drinks, marketing materials
- Answering phones - route and track incoming sales leads
- Project administrative support
- Shipping - sending and receiving daily packages as well as facilitating hardware ordering, tracking, and billing
- Assist with miscellaneous HR tasks (recruiting, onboarding, etc.)
- Tracking and entering expenses - shipping invoices, personal and directors' expense reports
- Editing meeting notes - various companywide weekly and monthly meetings
- Scheduling meetings - internal trainings, external interviews
- Maintaining and creating documentation for Standard Operating Procedures
- Planning and coordinating fun company events and parties
- Web content creation
Skills we're looking for:
- Strong computer skills - Microsoft Office especially
- Ability to self-sufficiently prioritize and effectively manage time
- Solid writing and math skills
- Ability to follow specific directions and also to work independently in a fast-paced atmosphere
- Ability to read between the lines and ask questions for clarification
- Capable of working closely and collaboratively with other team members
- Phone experience is a plus
Full-time employees enjoy a great benefits package including:
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage,
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account(s)
- Paid vacation and Sick time,
- Paid Parental Leave, and
- 401k matching
Please note compensation is based on credentials:
- Entry-level: $45,000 - $50,000
DMC typically evaluates compensation and grants raises on an annual basis (raise amounts are dependent on company and individual performance).
DMC believes in rewarding employees for additional effort beyond what is expected. One of the ways we recognize employees is through Extra Effort bonuses.
If you're interested, please apply with your resume along with the following in a cover letter:
- Expected compensation
- A short description of what you're most proud of
- A summary of what your last 2-3 bosses or professors would say about you - both strengths & areas for improvement