DMC is a very cool, fun technology company located, depending on your viewpoint, in Lincoln Park (west end) or Bucktown (very east side). We are looking for an extremely self-motivated person to help support office organization and a team of engineering consultants in a variety of duties. Currently, we are about 80 people strong and we are growing fast. Our staff is mostly composed of engineers who need things done very quickly and in the most efficient way possible.
This is a fantastic entry level position for the right person and, perhaps, a lousy position for the wrong person. It is a full-time salaried opportunity with great benefits (medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation time, etc.). This person will be asked to do a wide range of tasks including providing support to management, accounting, recruiting, and marketing. This position is a great opportunity to learn A LOT and contribute a ton in a fun work environment with incredibly smart people that will constantly keep you on your toes.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must have a car
Attributes of the person we're looking for include:
- Desire to get as much done in a day as possible
- Ability to efficiently multi-task
- PROACTIVE self-starter
- Friendly, upbeat attitude
- Highly responsive
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to go above and beyond without being asked to
- Customer service oriented outlook
- Ability to lift 40 lbs on occasion
- Must have a car
So, if you can only focus on a single task, are an unhelpful, unfriendly Eeyore, and are an unresponsive, lazy, detail hater who wants to surf the web all day, this job is not for you.
However, if you 100% believe you have the all of the qualities listed above, keep on reading.
The best way of describing the duties of the position would be "whatever it takes." However, that is rather vague so here is a list of some of the many typical duties:
- Keeping office in order – tidying work spaces, ordering office supplies, cleaning up kitchen at end of day, making sure printers have paper, stocking the office with snacks and drinks, watering plants, etc.
- Answering phones & routing calls
- Meeting planning & organization - ordering lunches for entire company, ensuring that everything is ready for various meetings
- Planning and coordinating fun company events and parties
- Standard Operating Procedures creation and maintenance
- Web content creation and posting
- Shipping - sending out packages & marketing materials
- Managing marketing materials inventory
Be aware that you may be required to do all of the above tasks in a single day! Additionally, this is not a traditional 9-5 job. It is a full-time position where you will be expected to get the job done, even if it means staying a few minutes later or coming in a few minutes earlier. Also be aware that this is not the most glamorous job. Though this job offers a lot of variety and opportunities to learn in a fun yet professional atmosphere, the majority of time will be spent answering phones, ordering lunches, going to Costco and tidying the office after a hurricane of engineers sweep through.
Skills we're looking for:
- Strong computer skills - MS Office especially
- Ability to prioritize
- Solid writing skills
- Ability to follow specific direction and also to work independently in a fast paced atmosphere
- Phone experience is a plus
If you're still interested, please send your resume along with the following to email@example.com with the subject "Administrative Assistant":
- Expected compensation (Available range is $30,000 to $37,000 depending on experience.)
- A short description of what you're most proud of
- A summary of what your last 2-3 bosses would say about you - both strengths & areas for improvement
Please visit our website at www.dmcinfo.com or read some of our blogs to find out a little more about what you might be getting yourself into!