Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for this position.
About the Job
Please note, DMC requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination for this position.
DMC is a project-based engineering consulting firm in Chicago focused on software development and control systems. We develop and implement solutions for a wide range of industries using a variety of technologies and platforms.
DMC's administrative assistants are an integral part of our team, by making sure that the office space is fully functional, that our sales calls reach the right people, and that our documentation meets high standards. If you're looking for a simple data entry job, this isn't the role for you. We are a team of driven multi-taskers who show up to work ready to jump in where ever necessary to get the job done.
Another one of our core value is "Have Fun." Not to brag too much, but DMC is a pretty fun place to work. The admin team plays a big role in fostering DMC's active company culture including planning welcome parties for all new employees, coordinating company-sponsored athletic, cultural, and social events, or writing our internal DMC newsletter. Our office is also equipped with a ping pong table, full gym, and a roof deck.
DMC's #1 core value is "Hire Smart People," and we believe that great companies are built from great people. Our goal is to bring the best people to DMC and figure out how to best allow them to reach their potential.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 3.4 GPA
- Strong computer skills - Microsoft Office especially
- Solid writing and math skills
- Proactive self-starter who consistently goes above and beyond without being asked
- Highly responsive & detail oriented
- Proven ability to work efficiently and effectively within a team environment to support the collective workload
- Customer service oriented outlook with a friendly, upbeat attitude
- Curiosity to learn about DMC's processes, services, and technical offerings
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. on occasion
- Reliable access to a car for the occasional errands
- Experience in an administrative role is ideal, but not required. We have an exceptional onboarding and training program and will help you learn everything you'll need!
What you'll do:
- Keeping office in order – making sure printers have paper, stocking the kitchens with snacks and drinks, watering plants, scheduling and managing office repairs, etc.
- Managing inventories - office supplies, snacks and drinks, marketing materials, etc.
- Answering phones - route calls and track incoming sales leads
- Shipping - sending and receiving daily packages as well as facilitating ordering, tracking, and billing
- Onboarding and recruiting - working with the HR team to facilitate a top notch recruiting and onboarding experience
- Tracking and entering expenses - entering shipping invoices, and personal and directors' expense reports
- Editing meeting notes - various company-wide weekly and monthly meetings
- Scheduling meetings - internal trainings, external interviews
- Event planning - planning and coordinating fun company events and parties
- Maintaining and creating documentation for Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
Full-time employees enjoy a great benefits package including:
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage,
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account(s)
- Paid vacation and Sick time,
- Paid Parental Leave, and
- 401k matching
Please note compensation is based on credentials:
- Entry-level: $45,000 - $50,000
DMC typically evaluates compensation and grants raises on an annual basis (raise amounts are dependent on company and individual performance).
DMC believes in rewarding employees for additional effort beyond what is expected. One of the ways we recognize employees is through Extra Effort bonuses.
If you're interested, please apply with your resume along with the following in a cover letter:
- Expected compensation
- A short description of what you're most proud of
- A summary of what your last 2-3 bosses or professors would say about you - both strengths & areas for improvement
Please visit our website at www.dmcinfo.com or read some of our blogs to find out a little more about what you might be getting yourself into!