DMC has openings in several application developer positions, based on experience level.
- Chicago (Headquarters)
- New York City
- San Diego
- St. Louis
- Washington D.C.
Do you like a challenge? Do you enjoy programming on a variety of systems and platforms and expanding your skillset? We are looking to hire enthusiastic grads for an exciting opportunity developing applications for web, cloud, desktop, and mobile on a variety of software stacks.
DMC is a consulting firm that offers high-caliber application development services for organizations in a wide range of industries. We’re looking for smart, fun, driven people to join our team. DMC’s developers stay on the leading edge of software and technology, integrate with a variety of software and hardware systems, and solve interesting engineering and business problems applied to a wide range of industries.
We also maintain an active company culture, which includes company-sponsored athletic, cultural, and social events. Full-time employees will enjoy a great benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage as well as 401K matching, paid vacation time, and a well-stocked kitchen full of snacks.
Developer Level I
- Develop applications and systems for client projects
- Prototype solutions using new technologies and architectural approaches
- Work directly with clients during requirements gathering, design, testing, and support stages of projects
- Work independently and as a member of a larger development team
- Learn new technologies quickly and evaluate appropriateness as a solution to technical and business challenges
- Lead and participate in design reviews and code reviews
- Actively participate in user groups that define technical best practices/standards
- Work on multiple projects concurrently
Developer Level II (In addition to above responsibilities)
- Assist in developing proposed solutions for clients
- Help train new employees
- Lead design reviews and code reviews
- Evaluate appropriateness of new technologies as a solution to technical and business challenges
Developer Level I
- BA or BS degree in CS, Engineering, or a related STEM field
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- 3.3 GPA minimum
Developer Level II (In addition to above requirements)
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience as a hands-on application developer
Developer Level I
- Working knowledge of object-oriented programming techniques
- Ability to program with object-oriented languages such as C#, C++, Python, or Java
- Working knowledge of database design and authoring SQL queries
Developer Level II (In addition to above key skills)
- Practical knowledge of XML, JSON, Web Services, HTTP requests, and API interfaces
- Experience creating custom web applications using C# and ASP.NET MVC
- Ability to design database schema and author stored procedures & SQL queries
Nice to Have Skills
- Experience with TypeScript, .NET Core, or WPF
- Practical knowledge of using a source control system (ex. Git or SVN)
- Working knowledge of Azure, Office 365, SharePoint, and Dynamics 365
Full-time employees enjoy a great benefits package including:
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account(s)
- Paid Vacation and Sick time
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401k matching
Please note compensation is based on credentials and location:
- Application Developer Level I (0-3 years relevant experience): $78,000 - $90,000
- Application Developer Level II (2-5+ years relevant experience): $85,000 - $110,000
DMC typically evaluates compensation and grants raises on an annual basis (raise amounts are dependent on company and individual performance).
DMC believes in rewarding employees for additional effort beyond what is expected. One of the ways we recognize employees is through Extra Effort bonuses, intended to reward employees for periods of working extremely long hours, working more than the occasional weekend, or other acts of extra effort.
Additionally, DMC offers Site and Travel Compensation, which is intended to compensate employees for time spent working out of DMC's offices due to the travel requirements of the position.
Please visit our website at www.dmcinfo.com or read some of our blogs to find out a little more about what you might be getting yourself into!