Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for this position.
DMC is looking for an extremely self-motivated person to join our team in a full-time ENTRY LEVEL position in our Chicago office. This is a wonderful opportunity for the right candidate to gain valuable experience and contribute to a growing company.
DMC is an engineering and consulting company with a focus on industrial automation and software solutions. Our headquarters is in Chicago, centrally located near the Lincoln Park, Wicker Park, and Logan Square neighborhoods. We also have regional offices in Boston, Dallas, Denver, Houston, New York City, Seattle, and St. Louis. Currently, we are about 170 people strong and growing fast!
One of DMC's core value is "Have Fun." Not to brag too much, but DMC is a pretty fun place to work. For the last 6 years, we've made it onto Crain's list of "Best Places to Work in Chicago." In 2018, we were voted #2 in the city! DMC maintains an active company culture with company-sponsored athletics like dodgeball & softball and our social events like sushi or wine nights & paint parties. Our office is also equipped with a ping pong table, full gym, and a roof deck, so we don't have to travel far to have fun together.
As an engineering consulting firm, we work on a wide range of projects in various industries. Examples of past projects include supporting the development of humanoid robotic astronauts that were deployed on the international space station as well as the development of battery technologies for electric vehicles like the Chevy Volt. We strive to be a vital resource to our clients and to our partners such as National Instruments and Siemens.
DMC's team of Project Coordinators are responsible for assisting with both DMC sales and projects. This includes routing and tracking incoming sales leads, accurately entering and maintaining information in our CRM database, ordering hardware, drafting proposals and change orders, processing incoming purchase orders, assisting with project staffing, helping schedule and facilitate internal and external meetings, assisting project managers with tracking project tasks and financials, and assisting with client and partner relationship management. This is a fantastic entry level position for the right person and, perhaps, a lousy position for the wrong person. This position is a great opportunity to learn A LOT and contribute a ton in a fun work environment with incredibly smart people that will constantly keep you on your toes.
Please note, DMC requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination for this position.
- Bachelor's degree
- GPA minimum of 3.4
- Experience with sales support, project support, or business development support a plus
Attributes of the person we're looking for include:
- Desire to get as much done in a day as possible
- Ability to efficiently multi-task
- PROACTIVE self-starter
- Friendly, upbeat attitude
- Highly responsive
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to go above and beyond without being asked to
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively within a team environment to support the collective workload
- Customer service oriented outlook
- Curiosity to independently learn about DMC's processes, services, and technical offerings.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and can make resourceful decisions and act without having the total picture
- Route and track incoming sales leads
- Accurately enter and maintain information in CRM (Microsoft Dynamics CRM)
- Coordinate associated sales paperwork and documentation (proposals, NDAs, terms and conditions, POs)
- Coordinate and conduct basic sales training
- Facilitate hardware ordering, tracking, and billing
- Assist Project Managers with tracking project tasks and financials
- Run staffing meetings and ensure Engineers set their availability properly
- Schedule and take notes for meetings (wrap-up, kick-off, Scrums, status calls/meetings)
- Coordinate travel arrangements and international visas for onsite projects
Business Development Support
- Work with Project Managers to develop partnership including existing and target account planning and execution
- Plan and coordinate customer and vendor events
- Facilitate customer feedback initiatives
Skills we're looking for:
- Strong computer skills - Microsoft Office (Word & Excel) especially
- Ability to self-sufficiently prioritize and effectively manage time
- Solid writing and math skills
- Ability to follow specific direction and also to work independently in a fast paced atmosphere
- Capable of working closely and collaboratively with other team members
- Experience with MS SharePoint, MS Dynamics CRM, and/or QuickBooks a plus
If you're still interested, apply and include the following in a cover letter:
- Expected compensation
- A summary of what your last 2-3 bosses would say about you - both strengths & areas for improvement
- A brief summary of what interests you most about working at DMC
Please visit our website at www.dmcinfo.com or read some of our blogs to find out a little more about what you might be getting yourself into!