Embedded Systems Engineer
Our team at DMC is a creative and diverse group of engineers who are experts at developing innovative software solutions for challenging problems. Factory automation and test system software are just a few of the services that we provide. We have in depth experience working in a wide variety of industries, including confectionary, automotive and defense. With offices in Chicago, Illinois; Boston, Massachusetts; Denver, Colorado; Houston, Texas; and New York, New York, we are a growing company that is seeking valuable employees to join our front lines.
We have a great opportunity for an electrical engineer to architect, design and program embedded systems at our Chicago, IL office. At DMC, you won’t just be a small part of the process. You’ll be fully involved every step of the way! You will be directly interacting with clients to take their ideas from concept to completion so customer service skills are required. As you will have design autonomy, you must be equally passionate about software and hardware.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field
- Strong understanding of electrical engineering fundamentals in practice
- Background in programming
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Project-based development experience
- Embedded project hobbies
- Ability to design complete electronic embedded systems
- Experience with multiple embedded hardware platforms
- PCB design experience
- Proficient in C/C++ for embedded systems
- Hands on experience with test equipment (soldering, oscilloscopes, data acquisition)
- Able to find and fix problems with circuitry
- Able to quickly prototype/breadboard concepts
- Technical documentation
Additional Required Attributes:
- Altium Designer experience
- Experience with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Ethernet, USB, CAN
- Spice modeling
- RTOS experience
- Embedded Linux
- Low power design
Not only are we hard-working, intelligent nerds, but we also know how to have fun and strike a balance between our professional and social lives. Some favorite after work activities include rooftop happy hours, company bike rides, Whirly Ball tournaments and attendance at local concerts. We throw pretty rad company parties from Oktoberfest themed events to Carnival inspired extravaganzas. Along with a paycheck and full benefits, if hired, you will also have access to a rooftop deck, fully stocked kitchen, in-house gym and a network of amazing, funny and quirky co-workers.
If you are a smart, fun-loving engineer who likes to be challenged and think critically, we want you!
Click below to submit your resume. We would also LOVE to see a portfolio of some projects that you’ve worked on both in and outside of work (preferably not school projects). You can upload this document in the Cover Letter field or just include a link in the Notes field.