Embedded Systems Engineer
Please note, DMC requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination for this position.
DMC has openings in several embedded systems engineering positions, based on experience level.
- Chicago (Headquarters)
- Austin (New in 2022)
- Cincinnati (New in 2022)
- Nashville (New in 2022)
- New York City
- San Diego (New in 2022)
- St. Louis
- Washington D.C. (New in 2022)
Our team at DMC is a creative and diverse group of engineers who are experts at developing innovative software solutions for challenging problems. Factory automation and test system software are just a few of the services that we provide. We have in depth experience working in a wide variety of industries, including confectionery, automotive and defense. With offices in several locations, we are a growing company that is seeking valuable employees to join our front lines.
We have a great opportunity for an electrical engineer to architect, design and program embedded systems at our Chicago, IL office. At DMC, you won’t just be a small part of the process. You’ll be fully involved every step of the way! You will be directly interacting with clients to take their ideas from concept to completion so customer service skills are required. As you will have design autonomy, you must be equally passionate about software and hardware.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field
- Strong understanding of electrical engineering fundamentals in practice
- Background in programming
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Project-based development experience
- Embedded project hobbies
- Ability to design complete electronic embedded systems
- Experience with multiple embedded hardware platforms
- PCB design experience
- Proficient in C/C++ for embedded systems
- Hands on experience with test equipment (soldering, oscilloscopes, data acquisition)
- Able to find and fix problems with circuitry
- Able to quickly prototype/breadboard concepts
- Technical documentation
Additional Required Attributes:
- Altium Designer experience
- Experience with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Ethernet, USB, CAN
- Spice modeling
- RTOS experience
- Embedded Linux
- Low power design
Full-time employees enjoy a great benefits package including:
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage,
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account(s)
- Paid Vacation and Sick time,
- Paid Parental Leave, and
- 401k matching
Please note compensation is based on credentials and location:
- Engineer Level I (0-3 years relevant experience): $76,000 - $82,500
- Engineer Level II (2-5+ years relevant experience): $80,000 - $100,000
DMC typically evaluates compensation and grants raises on an annual basis (raise amounts are dependent on company and individual performance).
DMC believes in rewarding employees for additional effort beyond what is expected. One of the ways we recognize employees is through Extra Effort bonuses, intended to reward employees for periods of working extremely long hours, working more than the occasional weekend, or other acts of extra effort.
Additionally, DMC offers Site and Travel Compensation, which is intended to compensate employees for time spent working out of DMC's offices due to the travel requirements of the position.
Please visit our website at www.dmcinfo.com or read some of our blogs to find out a little more about what you might be getting yourself into!