DMC has developed an implementation of the DNP3 library that runs on all major Siemens PLC platforms, including the S7-300, 400 (including the 400h), and 1500, using either the onboard Ethernet port or the CP card with automatic port failover. The library is available in both TIA Portal and Simatic Manager.
The DNP3 protocol is used in several different industries including Water and Power, Transportation/Transit, and Oil & Gas, and was developed primarily for communications between data acquisition and control equipment. Additionally, DNP3 plays an integral role in HMI and SCADA systems, where it is used by SCADA Master Stations, RTUs, and IEDs.
- 16 and 32-bit analog output block
- Event logging for digital inputs, analog inputs, and counter events
- Status reporting for current values of digital inputs, analog inputs, and counters
- Control relay output block
- Time synchronization
- Support and engineering services
- Software development
Benefits of Software-Based DNP3
- No need for spare parts for hardware
- No lead time to place orders and wait for parts
- Reduced maintenance
- Fewer parts to install
- Shorter commissioning time
- No additional wiring
As a certified Siemens Solution Partner with years of experience working with DNP3 protocol, DMC’s engineers have extensive experience with control system integration in these industries.
If you are interested in testing or purchasing the DNP3 driver, please email us or call at 312-255-8757.