Administrative Assistant - Chicago
DMC is a project-based engineering consulting firm in Chicago focused on software development and control systems. We develop and implement solutions for a wide range of industries using a variety of technologies and platforms.
DMC's administrative assistants are an integral part of our team, by making sure that the office space is fully functional, that our sales calls reach the right people, and that our documentation meets high standards. If you're looking for a simple data entry job, this isn't the role for you. We are a team of driven multi-taskers who show up to work ready to jump in where ever necessary to get the job done.
Another one of our core value is "Have Fun." Not to brag too much, but DMC is a pretty fun place to work. The admin team plays a big role in fostering DMC's active company culture including planning welcome parties for all new employees, coordinating company-sponsored athletic, cultural, and social events, or writing our internal DMC newsletter. Our office is also equipped with a ping pong table, full gym, and a roof deck.
Please note that this is an in-office role. Our office is located in the Bucktown/Wicker Park neighborhood.
DMC's #1 core value is "Hire Smart People," and we believe that great companies are built from great people. Our goal is to bring the best people to DMC and figure out how to best allow them to reach their potential.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 3.4 GPA
- Strong computer skills - Microsoft Office especially
- Solid writing and math skills
- Proactive self-starter who consistently goes above and beyond without being asked
- Highly responsive & detail oriented
- Proven ability to work efficiently and effectively within a team environment to support the collective workload
- Customer service oriented outlook with a friendly, upbeat attitude
- Curiosity to learn about DMC's processes, services, and technical offerings
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. on occasion
- Reliable access to a car for the occasional errands
- Experience in an administrative role is ideal, but not required. We have an exceptional onboarding and training program and will help you learn everything you'll need!
What you'll do:
- Keeping office in order – making sure printers have paper, stocking the kitchens with snacks and drinks, watering plants, scheduling and managing office repairs, etc.
- Managing inventories - office supplies, snacks and drinks, marketing materials, etc.
- Answering phones - route calls and track incoming sales leads
- Shipping - sending and receiving daily packages as well as facilitating ordering, tracking, and billing
- Onboarding and recruiting - working with the HR team to facilitate a top notch recruiting and onboarding experience
- Tracking and entering expenses - entering shipping invoices, and personal and directors' expense reports
- Editing meeting notes - various company-wide weekly and monthly meetings
- Scheduling meetings - internal trainings, external interviews
- Event planning - planning and coordinating fun company events and parties
- Maintaining and creating documentation for Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
What we offer:
- Paid Time Off
- 15 days paid vacation to start
- Paid holiday and sick time
- Parental leave options
- Flexible Working Environment
- Flexible work schedule
- $500 stipend for home office set-ups
- Financial Benefits
- 401(k) with company match
- Access to financial advisors
- Profit sharing program
- Health & Wellness
- 75% employee & 50% dependent medical plan premium coverage
- 75% employee & 50% dependent dental and vision insurance coverage
- 100% employee life and disability insurance
- Medical, Dependent Care and Commuter FSA
- Inclusive Culture & Fun
- Company-sponsored athletic, cultural, and social events
- Unique company traditions including: welcome parties for all new employees, FedEx Day, All Day Company Meetings, and Yearly Office Events
- Employee Resource Groups
- Weekly catered meals and stocked kitchens
- Open office workspace and with fun amenities such as ping pong, pool, & shuffle board
- Regular employee engagement surveys
- Employee Development
- Mentorship program
- Career and leadership development programs
- Ongoing technical and soft skills training
Please note compensation is based on experience and credentials:
- Entry level: $45,000 - $50,000
DMC typically evaluates compensation and grants raises on an annual basis (raise amounts are dependent on company and individual performance).
DMC believes in rewarding employees for additional effort beyond what is expected. One of the ways we recognize employees is through Extra Effort bonuses.
If you're interested, please apply and include the following in a cover letter:
- Expected compensation
- A short description of what you're most proud of
- A summary of what your last 2-3 bosses would say about you - both strengths & areas for improvement
Entry Level: $45,000 - $50,000