Do you want to grow your technical skills and help make clients becomes digitally efficient? DMC’s Application Development team is looking for a Systems Analyst / Business Analyst to be the primary liaison between DMC's technical team and our clients. We are seeking an enthusiastic professional who has practical knowledge of Microsoft tools and who is a great communicator, task manager, and organizer. This person will lead requirements gathering sessions, design implementation plans and ensure that each client's needs are met if not exceeded. There will also be opportunities to take on Project Manager responsibilities on client projects.
DMC is a project-based engineering consulting firm headquartered in Chicago focused on software development and control systems. We develop and implement solutions for a wide range of industries using a variety of technologies and platforms. Currently, we are about 240 people strong and growing fast!
DMC's #1 core value is "Hire Smart People," and we believe that great companies are built from great people. Our goal is to bring the best people to DMC and figure out how to best allow them to reach their potential.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum 3.3 GPA
- 2+ years of professional experience working in a Business Analyst role or related field
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills; in this role you will be communicating with business and IT executives
- Maintains awareness of business objectives and goals
- Strong analytic and organizational skills
- Works independently with limited supervision, coordinating projects to closure
- Practical knowledge of custom application development and IT systems implementation is a plus
- Consulting experience with Microsoft Technologies (SharePoint, CRM, Power BI, Power Automate, Power Apps, custom application development, etc.) is a plus
What You'll Do:
- Independently drives the process of translating business needs into system requirements
- Leads, facilitates, and documents interactive system requirement and design sessions to capture business rules, workflow, project goals, and project benefits
- Acts as a liaison between the client business unit and the technical development team
- Analyzes current operational procedures, identifies problems, and recommends improvements
- Writes detailed descriptions of user needs and system functions, in addition to preparing charts and diagrams to describe processes, workflow, and system requirements
- Leads client and development team status meetings
- Assists with testing and managing system defect remediation and enhancement implementation processes
Full-time employees enjoy a great benefits package including:
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account(s)
- Paid Vacation and Sick time
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401k matching
Please note compensation is based on credentials and location:
- Systems Analyst Level II (2-4 years relevant experience): $85,000 - $115,000
- Business Analyst Level I (4+ years relevant experience): $100,000 - $125,000
DMC typically evaluates compensation and grants raises on an annual basis (raise amounts are dependent on company and individual performance).
Preferred locations are Chicago or Denver, though other locations may be possible based on experience level of the candidate.
- Chicago (Headquarters)
- New York City
- San Diego
- St. Louis
- Washington D.C.