Microsoft created the Power Platform to make development of workflows, analytics, and applications more approachable for non programmers. The Power Platform enables users to do three key actions on data that help them drive business: Automate, Act, and Analyze.
The following three applications make up the structure of The Power Platform in order to perform the three key actions:
Using this suite of tools, DMC can help your organization accelerate the creation of impactful applications, workflows, and dashboards. Each of these applications have 200+ data connectors to both Microsoft and non-Microsoft platforms.
As a Certified Microsoft Gold Partner, DMC is experienced with these tools and can help you implement advanced business solutions using The Power Platform.
Power Automate (formerly Microsoft Flow) is an RPA (Robotic Process Automation) tool that provides the ability to create the next generation of SharePoint Designer Workflows. The advantage of using Power Automate is that it is not SharePoint-centric, allowing users to perform actions and integrate data across cloud and on-premises systems.
Power Automate flows can operate on SharePoint, Dynamics CRM, Salesforce, SQL Server, and over 200 more platforms. This application can be used to address basic business processes as well as complex ones.
This application uses a point and click interface to chain together steps in one or many systems and can be triggered by events in different systems or scheduled to run on a recurring basis.
Additional Microsoft Power Automate (Flow) features:
- Workflow to Automate Repetitive Tasks
- Scheduled or Event Triggered
- Simplified Approvals
- Cloud-based and Mobile Friendly
- No Code Solutions
- Library of Pre-built Templates
- Integration with Microsoft and Non-Microsoft Applications, Platforms, and Systems
Solution Examples using Power Automate (Flow):
- Automatic creation of:
- Approval workflows including
- Capital expenditures
- Resume approvals
- Multi-stage contract approvals
- Automatically uploading files from email-based scanners to SharePoint
- Connect Microsoft Forms to SharePoint
Microsoft PowerApps is a tool for building custom business applications that connect your data across web and mobile platforms without the time and expense of custom programming.
Replacing InfoPath, PowerApps is Microsoft's next generation platform for building applications. PowerApps is GPS aware and easy to use on a mobile platform.
With Microsoft PowerApps, you can publish your application to the web, iOS or Android. You can also embed these apps in SharePoint, CRM or standalone applications.
Additional PowerApps features:
- On-The-Go Data Entry
- Cloud-based & Mobile Friendly
- Library of Pre-built Templates
- No-code and Scripted Solutions
- Drag and Drop / Excel-like Expressions
- Desktop, Tablet, and Mobile -> Camera & GPS
- Microsoft & Non-Microsoft Application Integration
Solution Examples using PowerApps:
- Contract Management
- Field Inspections
- Document Approvals
- Mobile Incident Reporting
- Safety Checklists
- Quick Lead Entry for CRM
Microsoft Power BI
Power BI allows stakeholders to view information in real time, and analyze ongoing events. This application allows you to connect your reports and dashboards to disparate data sources as it allows users to access, clean, explore and visualize their data.
Further, users can publish dashboards to the web and share with the applicable audience.
Power BI is a Business Intelligence and Analytics tool that can connect to a wide variety of data sources and Software as a Service offerings such as Marketo, Salesforce, Github, and Google analytics. It maintains ongoing connections to these hundreds of data sources, with additional sources being added all of the time.
Additional Microsoft Power BI Features:
- Anywhere/anytime data access
- Live view of business health
- Data discovery and exploration
- Easily visualize data & trends
- Drill-down analysis capabilities
- Integrate data from many sources
Solution Examples using Power BI:
- Sales forecasting dashboards
- Financial health dashboards
- Production efficiency dashboards
- Marketing performance dashboards
- Other departmental and company-wide Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
Learn more about our Business Intelligence solutions.
Contact DMC for any questions or inquiries on the Power Platform.
Learn more about DMC's Digital Workplace Solution Services and Microsoft Consulting Services.