Sign up to download the LabVIEW UX Toolkit for free!
It’s a vi package that provides useful LabVIEW functions to create a better user experience. It currently has 3 main focus areas.
Simply add the “Initialize Hover Buttons.vi” to any vi that uses 4-state (non-picture buttons), and the vi will handle mouse-over events to change the color of the button so the user can tell it’s clickable. By creating a more responsive interface, you can make the application more intuitive for the user to understand its intent and how it functions. It also makes the application feel more modern.
Color Set Generator
Create the perfect set of colors with this easy-to-use vi. It automatically creates a user-defined number of colors that are similar in intensity but as distinct as possible by leveraging the golden ratio to optimize color selections.
The DMC “Slider” class can be used to add sliding panes or controls to your application. It uses just 6 simple methods to accomplish your basic needs for sliding objects on, off, or around the screen.
- The Slider class is a by-reference class, so you can split the wire and both will reference the same Slider Object
- You get to control whether to use animation and how fast the animation occurs
- You can specify a reference object/pane as a coordinate system, or use the toolkit's default, which is the owning pane of the Slider object.
- Convenient snap positions are auto-calculated based on the corners and center points of the slider’s coordinate reference.
- Constructor.vi – Creates the Slider Object and specifies a Reference Panel
- Snap Slide.vi –Slides the object on or off screen according to a Boolean input. You can snap the slide to the left, right, or center of the Reference Panel
- Toggle Slide.vi – Sliders the object on or off the screen, depending on what the current state of the slider is
- Offset Slide.vi – Slides the Object like a Snap Slide, but allows the user to specify top and left offset
- Free Slide.vi – Slides the Object to a specifies coordinate on the Reference Panel
- Dispose.vi – Releases references to the Slider Object
Copyright © 2022 DMC, Inc.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.