DMC's Approach to Business Intelligence
Regardless of where you store your data, DMC will help you implement solutions that use your data to provide value to your organization. DMC provides consulting services that include:
- Defining goals, KPIs, and measurements
- Designing and implementing a comprehensive data strategy
- Evaluating and integrating existing systems
- Assessing the role of artificial intelligence and machine learning in your analytics strategy
- Building reports and dashboards using BI tools, like Microsoft Power BI
- Providing hands-on training
As a Microsoft Gold Partner, DMC's team of BI experts and application developers can help your organization. Whether you're just getting started or have already implemented a BI solution, DMC has the skills to help.
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Data Analytics Design Workshop
Learning how to use the Power BI platform is a key step in moving your business intelligence initiative forward. To be successful, it's essential to also design the process for collecting and managing the data your organization will use to make decisions.
DMC's Data Analytics Design Workshop will guide you through this process by tackling the following topics:
- Identification of data sources
- Selection of the system(s) of record where data sources overlap
- Where to store data for reporting and analytics
- Designing processes for sanitizing data
- Creation of your logical data model
- Definition of security and data governance policies
- Recommendation for implementing your data analytics solution
DMC's Data Analytics Design Workshop is typically conducted through a series of eight 90-minute sessions and deliverable reviews over a 2 to 4-week period.
Microsoft Power BI
Power BI makes it easy to connect your reports and dashboards to disparate data sources. Power BI can natively connect to databases and services on-premises or in the cloud such as SQL Server, Oracle, SharePoint, Dynamics CRM, Dynamics 365, Salesforce, Excel workbooks, and many other third-party systems. There is no need for a developer to configure connection strings or complicated ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) processes. Power BI is also an integral component of Microsoft's Azure IoT platform.
Power BI's utilization of HTML5 and specially-developed phone and tablet apps allow for access from almost any device. Combined with real-time, cloud-based data connections, data is available 24/7 from anywhere.
Watch a narrated walkthrough of a Marketing BI solution created by DMC.
Power BI and Microsoft's Power Platform
Power BI is an integral part of Microsoft's Power Platform. The Power Platform is Microsoft's Integrated Application Platform, designed to help put the power of automation and development in the hands of decision makers, regardless of technical expertise.
- Power BI allows stakeholders to view information in real time, and analyze ongoing events. React to an urgent problem in hours, not days.
- PowerApps provides point and click application development, with connections to a wide range of business software. Create an app that can let you respond quickly to common business situations.
- Microsoft Flow connects to hundreds of applications and services, which allows you to automate repetitive processes.
Whether you need to build a specific application or need guidance in integrating your existing data landscape, DMC provides consulting services and solutions for all parts of Microsoft’s Power Platform.
SQL/SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) BI
Whether you have an existing SQL Server Database or are looking to move your data to a centralized location, DMC can help you use SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) to visualize data and create interactive reports using data you have already gathered.
DMC can help guide your database implementation and design reports to your specifications. We can integrate with third-party APIs to retrieve data from any service which can make its data available, including SharePoint, Quickbooks, Dynamics 365, Salesforce, SQL Server, and many others.