What is safety and compliance testing for?
Product safety, compliance and benchmark testing is an important consideration of commercial and practical product development. It may be required for government regulations, insurance underwriting, distribution channels and retail, and for general good customer service and quality control.
DMC's Automated Test Systems for Safety and Compliance Testing
Design and development of automated safety, compliance, and benchmark testing is a specialty here at DMC. These serve interests of commercial product certification, including fire hazards, safety and signaling, lighting, building safety, energy, and hazardous location testing. These also serve interests of product and technology benchmarking, including brand quality protection, consumer quality, and energy efficiency.
Test systems have been developed by DMC to support many standards, including UL (Underwriters Laboratories), Consumer Reports, Intertek, Energy Star, and EN / CEN European Standards.
Safety and Compliance Testing Expertise
- Consumer electronic battery testing
- Hazardous location testing
- Electronics High-Pot (High potential) tests
- Electronics High-Amperage testing
- EV, HEV, and PHEV battery pack and electronics testing (Electric Vehicle, Hybrid Electric Vehicle, and Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle)
- Ground fault and high isolation
- Thermal monitoring
- Hospital / medical devices and equipment
- Spacecraft system reliability
- Aerospace electrical component testing
- Commercial lighting safety and certification
- Fire and smoke testing