One of the more fun, and sometimes challenging aspects of working at DMC are service calls to work on legacy systems, hardware, and software. I have recently been working on a Baldor motion control system with a Visual C++ 6.0 front end.
When I first joined DMC, we would implement C++ or VB 6.0 solutions quite frequently. Now we use the .NET platform, so I have not had Visual Studio 6.0 installed on my laptop for over a year. I ran into some problems during the install. Ultimately, the problem appeared to be Java related:
"javasign.dll was unable to register itself in the system registry"
Here is a fix for this problem:
- Download this javacypt.dll file (zip) and extract it.
- After extracting the file (javacypt.dll) place it in your system32 directory (C:\windows\system32)
- Register the dll:
- Open up a command prompt by Start -> Run -> type in 'cmd' and select OK.
- Type the command: regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\javacypt.dll
- Install Visual Studio 6.0 again.
- Don't forget to install the latest service pack! (6.0)
Learn more about DMC's software and web development services.
Contact us to get started on your next software development project.