What is Intranet in a Day?
Participants in Intranet in a Day will create a slick company intranet and content management system using SharePoint Online with Communication Sites.
SharePoint Online has introduced many new features that make it easy to configure a well-designed Intranet for your organization with no custom development. Without a plan in place it can be overwhelming to get started and be confident that you are setting it up correctly.
Whether you are trying to get your SharePoint off the ground for the first time or you already have one that could be improved, this class is for you. Join Anjali Bharadwa, SharePoint Expert, to guide you through the steps to ensure that you are making smart decisions and following best practices.
At the end of the training, you will have built a visually appealing intranet home page and one department site. You will also possess the tools and know-how required to complete the design, implement permissions, and train users in order to complete your intranet.
Example Communications Site
During the day, we will complete the following objectives:
- Create a company landing page where employees can find important resources and information about what's new
- Start a content management system for employees to collaborate and share documents and tasks with automatic version history
- Utilize Teams alongside a SharePoint intranet
- Review how to manage and maintain SharePoint permissions
- Learn how to train users on basic SharePoint functions
Class will be held over virtual video conferencing via Microsoft Teams with the option to share your designs with the instructor. Each class will have a limited capacity (no more than 5 participants) to allow you to get feedback and help as needed.
- Review Microsoft 365 Tools and Goals
- Plan Site Structure of Site and how to integrate Teams
- Finalize Intranet Home Page Format
- Add Content to the Intranet Home Page
- Review Department Site Options
- Plan the Structure of a Department Site (Metadata vs Folders)
- Buildout a Department Structure
- Define and Implement Permissions
- Train your Users
- Learn about SharePoint Advanced Features
Anyone is welcome to join. Typically, intranet designers include HR, Marketing, IT or other Business Leaders. No technical background is required since this is a no-code solution.
Thursday, April 30, 2020 9 A.M. - 5 P.M. CST
- Office 365 Tenant with SharePoint Online
- SharePoint Administrator
- PC with Internet Access
Register here and DMC will contact you for payment details. This day-long course will cost $395. Once registered you will be contacted by the instructor for guidance on pre-work and review of your current Intranet situation.
Questions before registering? Feel free to contact Anjali at email@example.com.