After seven years, DMC is moving at the end of April. The primary reason for the move is more space, as we are continuing to grow.
Our new address. which will be communicated multiple times in the coming months, is:
2222 N. Elston Avenue
Chicago, IL 60614
Benefits of the new space include better parking for our customers, a rooftop deck, a really cool interactive display case and a lot more collaboration space.
In a nod to our history, we will be naming meeting and collaboration rooms after streets where we've had offices over the years:
- Sedgwick: from July 1996 - August 1996 I was working out of my one-bedroom, third floor walk-up apartment at 1923 N. Sedgwick.
- Clybourn: we were on the 3rd floor of 1586 N. Clybourn from September 1996 - May 1998. This is directly across from the Lincoln Park Apple Store that opened earlier this year. Interesting thing here is that we used to be able to park on the street right in front of the building. Total move distance: 1.2 miles.
- Evergreen:- we moved from Clybourn to 811 W. Evergreen from May 1998 - April 2004. This brought us even closer to the infamous Cabrini Green, which is now vacant with the last standing tower scheduled to be demolished this spring. Total move distance 0.3 miles.
- Kingsbury: our current address (or previous if you're reading this after April 30th), was also our shortest move. According to Google Maps, it's 0.1 miles from 811 W. Evergreen to 1333 N. Kingsbury. However, building to building distance is actually about 15 feet. In a somewhat shameful dispaly of thriftyness, we actually just piled our PCs & other equipment onto our office chairs and rolled them across the alley and down the sidewalk into our new office.
- Elston: - this will mark our longest move yet, coming in at 1.8 miles.
We hope to have some exciting pictures and videos of the new space over the next few months.
There are currently no comments, be the first to post one.