Microsoft Releases SharePoint 2010 Service Pack 1
Microsoft has released Service Pack 1 for Office 2010, Project Server 2010, Fast Search, SharePoint 2010 Server, SharePoint 2010 Foundation, and SharePoint Designer 2010. In order to ensure the continued stability of your SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint Foundation platforms, I highly recommend that your organizatioin take the time to install Service Pack 1.
Below is a summary of a few of the key SharePoint fixes and enhancements:
- A large number of fixes have been made to address compatibility problems with Internet Explorer 9 (IE 9) and Chrome.
- The performance of large file downloads has been improved.
- Entire sites that have been deleted can now be restored from the SharePoint Recycle Bin.
- SharePoint compatibility with Microsoft SQL Server 2011.
- Search improvements that make indexing and searching faster and more stable.
- Project Professional now synchronizes scheduled tasks with SharePoint task lists.
Microsoft has posted a comprehensive list of fixes and enhancements, as well as a white paper that provides a more detailed description of these SharePoint improvements.
DMC has created an easy to follow guide for installing SharePoint 2010 Foundation and SharePoint Server 2010 Service Pack 1. If you prefer to have one of our SharePoint engineers perform the installation for you, please contact me via email at email@example.com or phone (312) 255-8757.
There are currently no comments, be the first to post one.