This guide will get you started with Beckhoff PLCs by showing step by step how to go online with an existing PLC to monitor or troubleshoot existing code on a running PLC.
To upload the code from the PLC for modification or backup, just follow step 1.
- Upload PLC code
- Open the TwinCAT XAE in Visual Studio.
- Select File > Open > Open Project From Target…
- Select the PLC, then OK. See this guide for finding and connecting to a PLC.
- Select location on local computer to save PLC code project.
- Log in to monitor code
- Set the target system to the target PLC in the drop down box.
- Click the green log in button of an arrow pointing into a box.
- Open the PLC tab in the solution explorer window and select the code you would like to monitor.
Learn more about DMC's expertise in Beckhoff programming.